Key Verse: John 10.16-18
- “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet…” (Romeo and Julliet)
- His point was names are meaningless, what really matters is what is on the inside.
- While this might be true with cereal, some names are very important.
- Like “Christian” the name God gave his followers.
- “You got it from your father, it was all he had to give. So it’s yours to use and cherish for as long as you may live.” (Jn. 10.16-18, 30; Phil. 2.7)
- “If you lost the watch he gave you it can always be replaced; but a black mark on your name can never be erased.” (Col. 4.5-6)
- “It was clean the day you took it and a worthy name to bear. When he got it from his father there was no dishonor there.“
- “So make sure you guard it wisely, after all is said and done, you’ll be glad the name is spotless when you give it to your son.” (Ps. 78.1-8).
- A good name is a challenge to live up to.
- The Christian name is a challenge to live a Christ centered life!
- Are you doing everything you can to make sure your Christian name remains spotless?