- It is an age old question, “How do I bring people to God?” The answer is simple, you teach them the Gospel.
- The Gospel is such a rich topic it can be intimidating to even approach.
- Luckily, in 1 Tim. 1.12-17, we find the essential Gospel starter kit that will have us evangelizing in no time.
I. We are not perfect.
A. Paul begins this passage by describing his former imperfect life (1 Tim. 1.13).
B. When evangelizing, the first step is to admit that neither you or them are perfect. (Rm. 3.23; James 2.10)
C. While we are not perfect, God is. God’s perfection is shown three ways in 1 Tim. 1.12- 17.
II. God is Perfect
A. God’s perfect grace, mercy, and peace (1 Tim. 1.2)
B. God’s perfect grace, mercy, and peace should make us want to evangelize-1 Tim. 1.16
C. God’s perfect grace mercy and peace was fulfilled when Christ died on the cross for the sins of the world!
III. Jesus died
A. Paul says in verse 15: “The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.”
B. This is something to celebrate, Paul does just that: “To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.”
- Get excited to spread this news, God saved you and He wants you to go out into the world and tell them God will save them too.
- Go into the world and show honor and Glory to God, by bringing others to God’s perfect grace, mercy, and love so they too can honor and Glorify God.
- Why don’t you evangelize? Well you can’t use the “I don’t know enough about the Gospel to teach it excuse. You know have the evangelism “Starter Kit”
- We are not perfect, God is, and Jesus died.